AutoSSL is a built-in feature within cPanel, accessible through all our web hosting services. Upon activating your service and ensuring that your domain is live and pointing to our servers for validation, AutoSSL automatically provides you with an SSL certificate within an hour.
These SSL certificates are issued by cPanel through the vendor Comodo and belong to the basic Domain Validated (DV) type. For each domain and sub-domain actively hosted on your service, cPanel will issue one of these certificates. These certificates are set to renew automatically every 90 days.
It's important to note that if you are already using your own SSL certificate or one of our paid Comodo certificates, AutoSSL will not overwrite them. In such cases, you must manually remove any externally obtained certificates from cPanel before running AutoSSL successfully.
For additional information, you can refer to our blog post or support center articles on SSL certificates.
To enable AutoSSL, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your cPanel account.
- Navigate to the "Security" section and click on "SSL/TLS Status."
- Look for the "Run AutoSSL" option and click on it.
The process will usually take 1 to 5 minutes to complete and provide the result.
In case AutoSSL fails to function correctly, follow these guidelines:
- If an existing SSL certificate is already installed, you may need to remove it before running AutoSSL. Afterward, retry the AutoSSL process.
- If there is no existing certificate installed and AutoSSL fails, you should check your DNS settings for any potential issues.